Friday, February 03, 2006

Runnery Nose

Well I did it, this morning I left the house at 8am and went for a run. I went for 30 minutes and admitedly I didn't run the whole way but this is only the first day and I managed to go a lot further at a time than I thought I could!

The worst thing about it was my nose. I remember my games teacher at school telling me that when you run you need to keep your mouth closed and breathe through your nose. And this mkaes sense in yoga you also breathe through your mouth. The trouble was that I kept needing to stop and blow my nose and it got a bit bunged up. I don' have a cold so why this should happen I don't know. If anyone knows or has a trick for fixing it please let me know as it was really annoying.

I thought that it might be to do with diet. However I don't eat much dairy produce, I only have milk in tea or coffee, although I do have butter. I wondered if it is to do with wheat, I know I have been eating too much wheat recently so I will try and cut back and see if it makes a difference.

No comments: