Friday, February 10, 2006

Bowling Trophies, Grateful Dead and Geodesic Hippies

For some reason I started thinking about Richard Brautigan last night. I hadn't thought about him for years. My favourite book of his was "Willard and His Bowling Trophies", but I also remember reading "In Watermelon Sugar" and "Trout Fishing in America".

I doin't know old richard should come to mind. I have read many weird books over the years, especially when I was living in the commune. Others I remember are The Family (about Charles Manson) and a really good book about the Grateful Dead, there was also a book called Drop City by Peter Rabbit (yes really) which was about a commune in america where they built geodesic domes out of car roofs and lived in them. (Not unlike the hippies in the recent novel Drop City by T.C Boyle - a coincidence - I think not!)

No comments: