Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

My Thirteen Favourite Tracks at the moment (in no Particular order)

1) Lonely Road - Everlast
this track manages to be gritty and sad at the same time.

2) Pride - Syntax
beautiful and haunting

3) The Girl From Ipanema - the Boogie Macs
a very funky version of a great classic, great for a summer's day!

4) Northern Sky - Nick Drake
Lovely!

5) Dirty Boulevard - Lou Reed
One of the greatest lyricists of our time!

6) Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Nice and Funky

7) What it's Like - Everlast
Love it!

8) Waiting For the Night - Depeche Mode
Spooky - sends a shiver down the spine - a brilliant track from the album Violator.

9) Footsteps - Pearl Jam
I have a live version of this on my ipod and it is truly AWESOME!

10) Nearer than Heaven - The Delays
reminds me a little of P.J. Harvey, Great track.

11) Wasteland - 10 Years
Good rocking track1

12) Aicha - Cheb Khaled
This is a brilliant track, melodious, dancey and he has a great voice too!
well worth a listen!

13) Paranoid Android - Radiohead
Fantastic! Another gem that gets right under your skin.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


8 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, great list! I don't know them all, though. I thought I was the only one who still listened to "What It's Like." It's one of my guilty pleasures, I think.

My TT is up.

Julia said...

Yes, i forgot about it for a while but it's well worth revisiting!

guppyman said...

Hmmmm... Second music list I saw today with almost nothing I'd listen to on it...

Go figure?!?

me said...

I love Radiohead and the chilli peppers! Great choices.
Thanks for coming by my T13 today.
Happy Thursday!
Ivoryfrog x

Chana said...

I don't know hardly any of those songs but you may have just intro'd me to new stuff! Thanks and thanks for stopping by my TT!

Tracy S said...

I never thought I would be saying this but I have no idea what any of those songs are ..lol and I'm only 31...how sad is that ?

Moogie said...

I love Radio Head, Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam. I don't know the others yet but I will check them out!

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Wystful1 said...

Thanks for dropping by my T T! I love all kinds of music. :o)