Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pupski's Most Wanted


This is my top 10 albums that I would like to get on cd


1) Quark, Strangeness and Charm - Hawkwind
Quite an elusive cd to get hold of and sells for quite a bit even on ebay.

2) Aqualung - Jethro Tull
A real blast from the past, and a bit dated. Nevertheless as soon as it starts getting hot outside i get the urge to hear this again.

3) A Farewell to Kings - Rush
yes another very oldie. I must have wasted whole days listening to this as a teenager. Geddy Lee has a unique voice and it's not everyone's cup of tea.

4) Heavy Horses - Jethro Tull
This is a very folky Jethro Tull and does sound a bit seventies now, not sure how much I would actually listen to it, probably just occasionally for old times sake.

5) Folkjoepus - Roy Harper
I still haven't managed to track down a cd copy of this. My vinyl copy is very old and extremely knackered. I did order a copy of this from cd wow earlier this year but they failed to deliver. I have discovered though that you can buy Roy Harper cds directly from the record company Science Friction so that's what I will do when I get some money.

6) The Unknown Soldier - Roy Harper
I loved this when I was 15. I was introduced to Roy harper's music by a friend who is sadly now dead. He had great taste in music and introduced this teenager to gems such as "The Catherine Wheel" by David Byrne and "Live at Maxes Kansas City" by Lou Reed.

7) Stadium Arcadium - The Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Not sure wether it warrants a double album but the Chillis certainly seem funked up at the moment.

8) Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia - The Dandy Warhols
This album has one of my favourite tracks by the Dandys "Sleep".

9) Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
The new album by Vedder et al. I have included this on the list but must confess that I have just ordered it from cdwow who are having a one day sale. At only £6.99 who could resist?

10) Rearview Mirror - Pearl Jam
Nice to have all the hits together.

No comments: