Thursday, September 29, 2005

Public Leaning Post


Public Leaning Post
Originally uploaded by pupski.
How come he don't come and p.l.p. with me
Down at the meter no more?
How come he turn off the t.v.
And he hang that sign on the door?
We call and we call 'How come?' we say
What could make a boy behave this way?
He learn all of the lines, and every time he
don't suffer when he talk
And it's true! It's true! He sure is aquired a
cool and inspired sorta jazz when he walk
Where's his jacket and his old blue jeans?
If this ain't healthy is it some kinda clean?

I think Chuck E's in love

from Chuck E's in love by Rickie Lee Jones as far as I know the only song that mentions a public leaning post!

Other leaning somgs are:
Lean on Me - Bill Withers (also covered by the Housemartins)
Lean woman Blues - T Rex

Hmm thats about all I can come up with - pretty poor show if you ask me.

No comments: