Monday, November 21, 2005

Top 10 Songs About Cars


1) Cars - Gary Numan
Have loved this since it came out in 80s (or was it 70s?). Anyway it still sounds good today and has been sampled many times, which only stands as a testiment to it's greatness.

2) Wish I had a Grey Cortina - Tom Robinson Band (TRB)
A gem from my youth.... "Grey Cortina, nothing meaner...." Now who else writes great lyrics like that??? Well Jarvis cocker perhaps...

3) Silver Thunderbird - Marc Cohn
Apparently if there is a god in heaven he will be driving one of these....

4) Slick Black Limousine - Alice Cooper
It would have to be black for Alice wouldn't it?

5) Little Red Corvette - Prince
Little red corvette
Baby you’re much 2 fast
Little red corvette
U need a love that’s gonna last

6) Greased Lightning - John Travolta
From the Film Grease - I was a huge fan of this film when it first came out (I was about 12!) and I can still remember the words to all of the songs.

7) I'm in Love With My Car - Queen
The inimitable Queen - "Got a feel for my automobile..."

8) I like Driving in My Car - Madness
"I like driving in my car, it is not a Jaguar" Classy stuff!

9) Mercede Benz - Janis Joplin
An absolute corker of a classic, no car related top ten would be complete without it!

10) Pink Cadillac - Bruce Springsteen/ Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
A tie for last place in the top 10, not one of my faves by the boss, but very definitely about cars! And an old fave by tracy Chapman - Nice.

Well there you have it, a nice bit of silliness on a Monday evening, well it keeps me amused anyway....

No comments: