Thursday, November 24, 2005

reality Kicks in


have been slightly concerned to notice that of late this blog seems to be mainly about music - that's obviously just where I'm at at the moment. And true to form this entry is about music too (although I could make it about how incredibly sexy David Bowie is I suppose!)

This evening I revisited the Reality Tour DVD that Hunchermuncher bought me last year and was amazed at how fresh it sounded. I especially enjoyed the live version of Hello Spaceboy, which is much heavier than the Pet Shop Boys mix (which incidently I love) but somehow seems to work even better. DB is looking sexier than he has done for along time and probably has the best band he has had ever or at least since Young Americans.

All in all it was a most enjoyable hour and I don't know why I haven't watched it again sooner. I may have to dig out my DVD of the Bowie videos at the weekend.

Bowie videos now there's a thing, the most critically acclaimed video is usually Ashes to Ashes but I have to confess that innovative though it was at the time it doesn't do much for me now, and some of the other late 70s early 80s vids are very dated (boys Keep swinging and DJ for example). I suppose if I was pushed my favourite videos are Jump they Say, hearts Filthy Lesson and my absolute favourite Time Will Crawl.

No comments: