Thursday, November 24, 2005

Albums You Just Can't Live Without.....

Last night I was posed a hard challenge - if you can only keep 10 albums what would they be? Harder than it sounds, and I find that I am still thinking about it this morning...this is what thay are at the moment - in no particular order.

David Bowie - Young Americans
David Gray - White Ladder
John Martyn - Solid Air
Bob Dylan - Desire
Lightning Seeds - Pure
Sting - Brand New Day
Horslips - Aliens
Mich Gerber - The Endless String
Pink Floyd - Relics (tough choice between that and Wish You wre Here)
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (couldn't decide between this and Hard nose the Highway or Moondance by Van Morrison, but decided I like Bob marginally more)

If I could choose 5 compilations to go with it they would be
The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow
The Clash - Essential Clash
Roxy Music - Greatest Hits
Genesis - Greatest Hits
And The Soundtrack from the film Consequences of Love

of course I may change my mind later, and if I wasn't allowed essential Clash the London Calling would probably have to go in my top 10, which would mean a big rethink. Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory by David Bowie would be hard to live without too.....




No comments: