Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Haven't blogged for a while as I have been so busy preparing for the END OF YEAR SHOW!!! The private view was last night and I think that it went well. Will just have to wait and see how I do in the assessment now.

Well down to more serious business. today I listened to The new album by Ian Broudie (formerly of the Lightning Seeds) "Tales Told". I had acquired this CD a week or more ago and had been saving the first listening as one might a save a special chocolate or bottle of wine, waiting for just the right moment to savor it's delicacy. Imagine my disappointment - I have only listened to it once but so far I don't like it!!! I have loved the Lightning Seeds for years even when noone else did. I went to see them at UEA Norwich just after they released their last album "Tilt" and they were absolutely brilliant and I have been waiting longinly for them to release another album.

Tale Told is mostly accoustic, which in itself is no bad thing, but where as Ians songs are usually upbeat and funny this new crop are slow and dirgeful. I am can only surmise that Ian is going through some kind of crisis or depression, well I still love him and I hope he feels better soon but another album like this one and I might have to reassess my allegience

You can listen to Tales told here and decide for yourself.

No comments: