Saturday, April 15, 2006

Fruitless shopping trip

We spent the afternoon shopping today but I didn't buy anything except a book as a present for Hunchermuncher. I was a bit disappointed as I had a voucher for 25% off a book or cd in Borders but couldn't find one I really wanted. Well that's not exactly true - the one I really wanted was the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Greatest Hits but I thought it was hugely overpriced at fifteen pounds and ninety nine pence (sorry I had to write that in words as I am using Huncermunchers laptop which is american and I don't know how to find the pound symbol!). Even with the voucher I thought that was overpriced. They also had some good things in an offer where you could buy 5 cds for thirty pounds but you couldn't use the money off voucher in conjunction with it - grrr.

Whislt i have been writing this I have just gone and bought the same album from ebay for five ponds fifty which is much better value for money. The thing is though that I like buying music from music stores, it feels much nicer to go into a shop, peruse the shelves and walk out with something that you can go home and play immediately but the actuality is that I rarely do that these days as it's so expensive. What wev could do with in Norwich is one of those cheap music shops called Ffop like then one that I went to in Sheffield recently.

No comments: