Sunday, March 05, 2006

Party Disco Fever

Wow!
My 40th Birthday party was great. I danced until 1am and was still buzzing when I woke up this morning. Some people who said they were coming didn't (only to be expected) and some just didn't reply to the invitation at all (you know who you are!). But all in all it was great, there were quite a lot of people, and a good mix of old and new faces, and shock of shock my dad and sister turned up for a while - after they had said that they weren't coming too - that was nice! The food was great and the music was well appreciated, well worth all the effort, although I will need to have another party as we didn't get through all the cds!

I can't decide this evening whether to watch a dvd of Led Zeppelins The song remains The Same or to try and get to grips with sorting music to put on my beautiful new sony mp3 player. Maybe I will go for the Led Zep as I need to send it back and I have had it a few days already.

My legs are still aching from all that dancing, still it's a great way of exercising - someone ought to do discos for adults - we all feel tooo old for the nightclub scene, but we need somewhere we can let our hair down, have the space to dance plus hear some great old (and new) music.

Top 10 Dance tracks from my Party (in no particular order)

1) Play that Funky Music White Boy - Wild Cherry
2) Green Onions - Booker T and the M Gs
3) Baby Love - Diana Ross and the Supremes
4) Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones
5) Last train to Transcentral -KLF
6) I Heard it through the grapevine - Marvin Gaye
7) Now that we've Found Love - Third World
8) Gangsters - the Specials
9) Superstition - Stevie Wonder
10) A Message to you (Rudi) - The Specials

worthy mentions : Praise You - Fatboy Slim, Disco Inferno - The Tramps, Let the Music Play - Shannon.

No comments: