Monday, September 05, 2005

Just Stretching my Wings


Just Stretching my Wings
Originally uploaded by pupski.
I feel a bit like this cormorant today, like I need to stretch my wings!

D and I drove to Hertfordshire yesterday and on the way we were listening to tunes that I had put on the MP3 player. I was disturbed to discover that I seem to have lost the ability to play air guitar properly.
True we were in a car, but still that's no excuse. I wonder if you can go to air guitar classes...and if not, why not? It would be a great tension reliever, there could be classes for mums, for businessmen...the possibilities are endless.

I was guitaring along to Sweet child O Mine by Guns n Roses, although sadly we discovered that I had only downloaded 2 thirds of the track!

My Top 5 Air Guitar Bands
1) Rush
2) Led Zeppelin
3) Guns n Roses
4)Deep Purple
5) Lynyrd Skynyrd
hmm feel like Jimi Hendrix should have been in there but he was more of a boys guitar player.

I have been enjoying revisiting rock greats from my past. I was a real heavy metal biker chick for a while in my teens - heavily (scuse the pun!) into bands like AC DC, Whitesnake, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath and all the bands mentioned above. I must admit though that there have been a couple of bands that I have revisied and thought why? My friend Rae and I were heavily into a band called Girl in the early 80s, I dug their LP out the other day and it is fairly awful. I think part of it was having a band that not everyone else was into. I remember we were thrilled when they made it onto Top of the Pops.

No comments: