Monday, September 18, 2006

Playlist for a Gray Autumn Morning

Playlist for a grey autumn morning:

1) You are my World - The Communards
A real odie this from the 1980s - saw it on a repeat of the Tube last night.

2) Brilliant Mind - Furniture
Another oldie and as far as I know their only hit.

3) Everyday I Write the Book - Elvis Costello
Yes you have detected a bit of an oldie theme going on here!

4) Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Even older oldie - we recently saw this on a dvd my mum had of The Old Grey Whistle Test from the 1970s.

5) Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
I loved this when I was younger and travelling west to see my mum made me want to hear it again - luckily I already had it in itunes!

6) Whistle Down the Wind - Nick Heyward
hmmm it's all getting a bit early 1980s around here!

7) Starlight - Muse
Ahhh that's better something a bit more contmporary.

8) The Old School Yard - Cat Stevens
Taking oldies to the extreme!

9) All the Things - The Lightning Seeds
from the brilliant album Tilt.

10) Beloved One - Lou Rhodes
Lovely!

1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

I am so out of it. IO don't know one of those songs. I'll crawl back under my rock now.