Thursday, January 26, 2006

Enjoy the Silence




Sky tv must like Depeche Mode as they have several times used Depeche Mode tracks in their adverts for new drama series. Last year they used "I feel you" and now they are using "Waiting for the night", both excellent tracks. Over the years Depeche Mode have grown on me. I have to confess that I didn't like them at all when they first came out in the 1980s and I don't own any of their albums, however they have done some excellent tracks over the years.

My top 5 Depeche Mode tracks

1) Waiting for the Night
2) I Feel You
3) Enjoy the Silence
4) Policy of Truth
5) Personal Jesus

I think that all the suffering that Dave Gahan has gone through over the years has only enhanced their stature as a great band. I think there is a lot of truth in the saying about suffering creating works of genius.

No comments: