Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Hats off to Roy Harper...


Flat, Baroque and Beserk Posted by Hello

Spent some time yesterday putting some music on the mp3 player as I am going on a trip next week. Space is limited so I needed to be selective about the tracks. I have been drawn more and more to old tracks that I used to listen to in my teens and twenties and found myself experiencing a huge urge to hear Flat, Baroque and Beserk by Roy Harper (1970) pictured above.

Nostalgia is a funny thing sometimes I find myself feeling warm towards music I didn't even like at the time it was out - like Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet, and sometimes music I did like I find I really don't like any more like Spirit and Santana. But there are some albums that I liked when I was younger that still sound great when I listen to them now and Flat Baroque and Beserk definitely falls into that category.

You can listen to Don't you Grieve after me at http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/harper_roy/288457/album.jhtml
that is the only track from Flat baroque but there are excerpts from other Roy Harper albums as well.

So far I have in my nostalgic list:
Roy Harper
David Bowie
Judie Tzuke
New Model Army
Air
Depeche Mode
Michelle Shocked
Moody Blues
Pink Floyd
Simple Minds
Boomtown rats
UB40

No comments: