Friday, December 30, 2005

Pearl jam and Party Lists

I have just been watching a DVD of Pearl Jam in concert from 2000 that N bought me for Christmas. Was vey interesting as I had not seen them perform before, just heard their albums. There was a fantastic bit of footage from a concert in St Louis where a woman is signing everything they are saying and singing just below the stage. When the singer notices her he gets her up on the stage for a number. She signs and dances at the same time and it is amazing to watch - a real visual interpretation of the music - the track is called Given to Fly if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Yesterday Hunchermuncher told me not to get too obsessed about making the perfect party soundtrack. Too late I am afraid! I am obsessed, I will be obsessed and I want to be obsessed, it's the most fun thing I have done for ages and I am really enjoying it. I used to think that I should have been a DJ or a record shop owner - only money and lack of confidence in my abilities stopped me, also I suppose a feeling that I should be doing something more "worthy" with my time. I guess it's too late now.

Anyway back to the party playlist, which I have to say is coming on a treat. I have been playing the list in i-tunes whilst I do other stuff on the computer and if a track doesn't make me want to groove, out it goes. I have also started a beginning of party list which is more mellow.

Songs that have almost definitely been added to the party list:
Utah Saints - Something Good
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Trenchtown Rock
Counting Crows - Mister Jones
Madonna - Sorry
Pointer Sisters - Jump
Primal Scream - Movin on Up
Third World - Now that We've Found Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's never too late to have a go at something you have a passion for - it's important to "ride the wave" as it comes up - leave all preconceptions on the beach...

"I had a false belief...
I thought I came here to stay...
we're all just visiting...
all just breaking like waves..."

Eddie Vedder '97

Check out PJ's live studio performance of "I am mine" - it does'nt get any better...

Julia said...

funny you should say that, I had already downloaded that track today and it is now residing happily on my MP3 player!