Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Dirty Record Dilemma

Now that I have my record deck set up, I have turned my mind to the actual records. Unfortunately many of them are in poor condition. Most aren't scratched but some are too dirty to play. Years ago I lived in a very damp flat and some of the lps that weren't in plastic covers have something that looks like snall faint patches of mildew on them. I don't know whether or not there is any cure for this or whether I will jsut have to ditch a lot of them. What a shame!

Luckily not all are effected and there are some like Taxi Pata Pata, Live and Direct by Aswad and White Noise that I have been unable to locate on cd - and by a stroke of luck these are all fairly well preserved.

If anyone has any tips about record cleaning please let me know!

No comments: