Friday, July 14, 2006

Pop Literature

I Was reading an old Observer Music magazine and came across "Top 100 Music Books". It was an interesting list and made me want to immediately read several of them, but after searching on ebay and Amazon I was only able to locate a few of them. I was surprised though to see that there were no books about David Bowie on the list. You would have thought that if they were including works such as Jenny Fabian's "Groupie" that they might have also included Angie Bowie's "Backstage Passes". Sting's recent autobiography did not make their list either, although Robbie Williams biog made number three - now that can't be right!

Ah well I am looking forward to getting my paws on a copy of Brian Eno's "A Year With Swollen Appendices" which sounds both entertaining and weird in equal measure! Watch this space for furthur updates.

1 comment:

VirileDog said...

Thanks for posting a reply on my blog about my music search.

I'll link to you and refer to your blog over the next couple of weeks as I try to discover some new sounds.

Best regards!