Sunday, December 18, 2005

Corner Shops and Party Music

Haven't written my blog for a while - I have been soooo busy - doing christmas stuff. Like buying presents, christmas meals etc. My house is a tip, money is tight and N keeps saying every five minutes that he wishes Christmas would hurry up and arrive!

Well tonight I wanted to chill, I thought that I would nip to the shop and get a bottle of beer or cider or something and just relax, look at newly decorated and cute (but diddy tree). The fates were against me though - I went to the shop, got my drink - queued up for ages behind a man who was paying £2.79 in 1p and 2p pieces, which as you can imagine took absolutely ages, and when I finally got to the counter the assistant told me sweetly that they are not allowed to sell alcohol at the moment! Something to do with a problem with their liscence apparently. But why, why, why - don't they put up a notice, or take the booze off the shelves or cover the shelves like they used to when the Sunday liscensing laws were stricter?

Anyway I know it's all for my own good, blah, blah, blah and all that.

The other news (if you can call it that) is that I am thinking of having a party for my 40th birthday. I thought of just booking a room above a pub where we went to another party recently. It was quite a nice a room and there was a sound system and a space for dancing and there was also a smaller space round a corner (it's an L-shaped room) where they had buffet food. Well anyway once I had started thinking about it I found myself becoming increasingly obsessed by the idea of making music cds for dancing to, and I can tell that it is going to take me the whole two odd months until them to find the perfect mix of tracks.

I found myself going through all the music in my library both on i-tunes and cd to find music that's good to dance to and then I started looking at other peoples lists on the net. I decided that I want a good mix, I like some of the disco classics but there are some like YMCA that I am definitely NOT having. I want a mixture of oldies, recent music and some that is not strictly dance music. I downloaded a few tracks and have put them on the MP3 player to give them a trial run.

So far the only absolute definites are
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Pretenders - Show Me
Jamiroquai - Love Foolosophy
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
DJ Satomi - Castle in the Sky
Madonna - Hung up
Faithless - Insomnia

No comments: