Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Tuesday 9th November 2004 - Nostalgia...

Have been listening to Led Zeppelin tonight - I had temporarily forgotton what a great rock band they are. It all started with trying to find "if you leave me now" by Chicago. My son heard it on an advert on tv and was amazed when I told him how old it was!!! I thought that I had it on tape but alas I didn't.... however during the pursuit we started looking at tapes (usually I never play tapes anymore) and found Led Zep remastered so I subjected him to the immigrant song and the battle of evermore.....oh the nostalgia... it almost brings a tear to the eye....

i was also remembering the discos that I used to go to at the Kings Head in thetford when I was younger (won't say how young!). If you can call them discos because I don't remember any disco music being played - it was Status Quo, Steve Hillage, Freebird by Lynyrd Skynrd, Black Sabbath etc... it all seems like a very long time ago.....

No comments: