Sunday, February 05, 2006

Hail to the King of Oblivion - top 10 songs about royalty


Hail to the King of Oblivion
Originally uploaded by pupski.
I took this picture of an ice king at the ice sculpture trail in Norwich in December. Today i wish that I was made of ice. I seem to have rubbed everyone up the wrong way today, including myself! Do you ever have one of those days where you wish you didn't feel everything so acutely? well I am having one of those.

Kings of Oblivion is actually the title of a song by the Pink Fairies, which alas will probably not be making an appearence on my party playlist. However I have compiled a top 10 of songs about royalty just for my (and yours I hope!) amusement:

1) The Queen is Dead - The Smiths

2) King - UB40

3) Kings of Oblivion - Pink Fairies

4) The Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson

5) Killer Queen - Queen

6) Black Queen - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

7) Acid Queen - Tina Turner

8) Your Love is King - Sade

9) Ghosts of Princes in Towers - Rich Kids

10) Prince Charming - Adam and the Ants

No comments: